- Created on Monday, 23 July 2012 14:00
- Last Updated on Thursday, 16 May 2013 07:51
- Written by Staff and Wire Reports
The money will go to victims of child abuse. Then second one is they will be banned from bowl games for 4 years. The third penalty is the number of scholarships will be reduced from 25 to 15. The last penalty they will face is the University will vacate all wins from 1998-2011.
The biggest surprise/shock is vacating all of their wins from 1998-2011 meaning Paterno is no longer the winningest coach in Division 1 NCAA football.
Good use of the $60 million fine to establish nation-wide programs to fight child abuse.
NCAA Officials say they will take away Joe Paterno's wins starting from 1998.
NCAA's Unprecedented Sanctions on Penn State:
* Four-year bowl ban
* Reduction of 10 initial scholarships + 20 total scholarships each year for four years.
* $60 million fine
* All wins vacated from 1998-2011
* All current PSU players can transfer immediately
Penn State signed an agreement with NCAA to accept these penalties.
----Staff and Wire Reports contributed to this report.